Interestingly, I found out that the calcium which doctors instruct women to take is over-rated, and actually enables formation of some kinds of gallstones. So, I reduced my calcium intake — and instead increased my magnesium and phosphorous intake — as doctors don't seem to know the correct ratio of calcium to other important minerals. Apparently, MDs are not taught about nutrition, so I located a Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Doctor to support my health goals. Natural practitioners are better able to advise and recommend, and I was hesitant to just jump into a cleanse without support of some kind. These health professionals learn about the value of proper nutrition as medicine. Hippocrates said, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" and these doctors take that saying seriously, if they have integrity. I can personally attest to the trueness of that statement.
Some people are confused, not knowing kidney stones are different from gallstones. Kidney stones form in the kidneys and gallstones form in the gallbladder. If you have a cramping pain or ache-iness in the stomach area, the book called The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse by Andreas Moritz suggests that your gallbladder may be calling for help. If you have pain or ache-iness in the waist level of your back (on one or each side of the spine), the book suggests it may be your kidney (or kidneys) calling for wellness. I haven't experienced kidney stones. According to friends who have experienced kidney stones, releasing them produces extremely sharp pain, without some herbal help. I understand from the book that kidney stones will dissolve over time by drinking an herbal tea mix. That is a painless way to get rid of kidney stones, and definitely the choice I would make, if that became necessary.
"Let food be thy medicine
and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates
Variations of these tea mixes can be purchased on the internet, or maybe visit a drug store that sells real herbal health remedies in your area. For liver and gallbladder support, I bought an herbal tea mix (it is different from the kidney herbal tea mix). If I have a gallbladder problem, then I could take the liver/gallbladder tea mix every day — even after I have removed the gallstones — to increase my bile production. Gallstones in the liver and gallbladder can inhibit the production of bile significantly. Once I release the gallstones, my gallbladder will have room to produce healthy amounts of bile again.
The kidney tea mix is quite pleasant, and not nearly as bitter as the liver/gallbladder tea mix, but I drank either one without a sweetener. In fact, sweetener is not recommended, as it will change the pH value that the organs need in order to support the healing process. Yes, I could also drink both teas — just not together at the same time, according to the herbal pharmacist. It is wonderful and comforting to know that herbal remedies do indeed work together in the body, in that they don’t interact badly with each other. On the other hand, drugs do interact badly because they aren’t natural. I have learned that the body doesn’t know what to do with drugs because they aren’t real food. (Neither is much of our food real, but that’s another story entirely.)
Please bear in mind I am not a doctor. I learned about the castor oil/lemon juice cleanse from a healer in Saskatoon, SK back in the ‘80s — and I tried to remember what I did back then — to treat myself this year. I did correctly recall what I did and treated myself effectively. The one thing I did differently from the first cleanse is I used olive oil instead of castor oil this time. Also, now I would eat as much organic food as is possible. Unfortunately, I didn't know that in 1988.
I’ve been eating organically since 2013. It may be more difficult to obtain organic food in certain areas of the country than others. But, it is very important to clean up the dietary toxins before performing the gallbladder flush. Also, I increased my water consumption. I now drink up to two quarts (8 cups) of clean, purified water per day.
I bought a book called The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse by Andreas Moritz. The author reveals many valuable resources including where to buy teas and herbs. I am confident about healing my body without drugs or surgeries by following the instructions in the book. The author goes to great lengths to explain how and why it works. That book answered most, if not all of my questions.
After at least two years of organic eating, this is what I did:
- Buy six 1-quart (32 oz) containers of pure organic apple juice (or cider) without sweeteners or other additives (like citric acid). The only ingredient was "Organic Apples".
- 4 tablespoons of Sea Salt dissolved in 24 ounces of purified drinking water. Divide that into four drinking glasses.
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) of organic virgin olive oil
- 2/3 glass of fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 pint jar with a lid.
Advance PreparationI drank 32 oz. of apple juice daily for a period of six days. Any more than that would not be comfortable to do. The malic acid in the apple juice softens the gallstones and makes their passage through the bile ducts smooth and easy. During the six days of drinking juice, I ate moderately, avoided processed foods, breads, and grains. I ate more salads and soups.
I cleansed my colon before and after doing a liver/gallbladder flush. I asked around to find a reputable colonics professional to aid in my cleanse. Admittedly, in 1988 I didn't use one. Not everyone books appointments with a colonics professional, but I believe my results were better by using one. About two or more weeks ahead, I booked two colonics appointments. I informed the colonics professional that I was planning to perform a liver/gallbladder flush and she helped me figure out when to book, according to my schedule. I planned this cleanse over a weekend, taking off a Friday holiday for my first colonics treatment during the day, which begins my cleanse process.
Colonics TreatmentEarlier in the day, I started the cleanse with a colonics treatment. Here is a video example of what happens during a colonics treatment. It's the one I watched before deciding to give it a try.
|This is still my favorite kind of juicer|
The Actual Cleanse Begins that Same Evening
Step 1 at 6:00 p.m.
- Add 4 tablespoons of sea salt to a total of 24 ounces of filtered water in a jar. This makes four 6-oz. servings.
- Drink the first 6-oz. portion of sea salt dissolved in water now (an eight-ounce glass will be 3/4 full).
- Drink the second serving of sea salt dissolved in water (3/4 glass).
- If I did not have a bowel movement until now and have not done a colon cleanse within the past 24 hours, I would take a water enema. This triggers a series of bowel movements. Because I had a colonics treatment earlier in the day, I skipped this step.
Step 3: Measure Oil and Lemon Juice
- Thoroughly wash the lemons, squeeze them by hand, remove the pulp and measure 2/3 glass of juice (about four to six lemons, depending on size).
- Pour the lemon juice and 1/2 glass of olive oil into the pint jar. Close the jar tightly and shake hard, until the solution is mixed. Ideally, I'd drink this mixture at 10:00 p.m., but the step can be delayed ten minutes or so to visit the bathroom a few more times, if needed.
- Heat up a heating pad to set on liver/gallbladder area when lying down, after drinking the oil/lemon concoction.
- Stand next to the bed (do not sit down) and drink the concoction, if possible, without interruption. I gulp it down in one go. If elderly or weak, the book recommends to take a few minutes for this step.
- Lie down immediately, on the right side with my knees pulled toward my head and lie still for at least 20 minutes, with heated pad on liver/gallbladder area. Some people also place an olive oil pack directly on the liver/gallbladder area. If so, protect the heating pad from the oil by inserting the pad into a plastic bag before setting over the oil pack.
The rest of the steps are carried out the next morning.
The Next Morning
Step 5 at 6:00 a.m.
- Upon awakening but not before 6:00 a.m., drink the third 3/4 glass of water and sea salt. If thirsty, drink some warm water before the sea salt drink. Rest, read, or meditate — but stay upright.
Step 6 at 8:00 a.m.
- Drink the fourth and final 3/4 glass of water and sea salt.
At some point in the morning I felt a strong urge to have a bowel movement. This is when the bulk of the gallstones passed. I saw them floating in the toilet. They can be all sizes from pinhead to quarter size. They appeared in shades of green, brown, and black. I even passed some beige round ones that looked like chickpeas, which the Naturopathic Doctor suggested might be from being unable to digest starch. The stones passed painlessly because the apple juice and lemon juice/olive oil ingested over the past days softened them. I have now gone through a successful purge/cleanse on two separate occasions, without any pain.
- Later this same day, I had an appointment to visit my colonics professional and have a second treatment. The second colonics treatment produced a release of more gallstones. I watched them come out through the tube, because I was very curious about what was happening in my body. I wanted to be fully engaged and learn as much as I could from the process. At the very least, if I didn't have a colonics appointment, I would have taken another warm purified water enema, because I don't want loosened gallstones hanging out in my intestines. They are toxic.
Interestingly, I learned there are metaphysical reasons for the development of gallstones in the body. You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay is a basic and simple resource if anyone is interested in understanding emotional reasons for illness. Unresolved bitterness and harsh thinking are a couple of possible reasons to which I can relate. I am aware now of the obvious causes and effects of the strict and unrelenting rules of the family religion, which I left in the year 2000. I am consciously working on resolving any issues, as they arise.
Performing a liver/gallbladder flush resulted in an amazing boost to my wellness. It is similar to getting an oil and filter change in my car. I know I’m not the only person who has gone through a liver/gallbladder flush. Feel free to keep in touch. I’d love to know your story.
Visit "Phoenix of Faith" to learn more about the author's memoir. Copyright © 2015. Permission is granted to copy and re-distribute this transmission on the condition that it is distributed freely.