Monday, February 1, 2016

Blogroll about Health and Wellness

Health and Wellness

 

Feeling Energy from the Past

Feel the energy on this old family picture. It's a wedding, and it appears to be a somber summer day in the late 1950s. ... Since the 1980s and 1990s I did much inner child work along with my therapist, as well as on my own, once I finished therapy. This year, during Mercury retrograde, I used this photo in a visualization to work with my inner child. If anyone has read, or is reading, Teal Swan's book called Shadows Before Dawn, you'll know what I mean. Read more...

 

GMO Soup

You may not want to eat genetically modified (GM) foods, but chances are, you are eating them anyway. There are urgent reasons why we need to be aware of the dangers of eating GM foods. Monsanto is one of the most malevolent organizations and considered the most hated company in the world. Genetically modified foods are now accepted as one of the biggest threats to all living things. Read more…
 

Men and Emotions

Do you know anyone who seems "stuck" in another decade? That was one reason why I divorced Jerry* in 1997. Throughout the 23 years of our marriage, his hairstyle stayed the same, his mustache stayed the same, his tee-shirts and jeans—the only clothes he would wear—were worn to a frazzle, yet he would not shop for himself. Read more…
 

Schizophrenia

I felt a strong pull on my heart strings about moving back to Manitoba and re-establishing myself with my family in the late 1990's, after my divorce. I discussed it with my therapist at the time. She was concerned that the progress I had made in moving away from codependent patterns might be hampered or even reversed if I were to re-situate myself in the midst of the dysfunction so soon into the therapy. It certainly was a valid concern for me, too. But, to hear her verbalize what I had already been thinking was enough to reconsider my course of action. Read more...
 

Times Were Simple

Our family lived on a small mixed farm at Sandy Hook in the Interlake region of Manitoba when I was a child. By “small mixed farm” I mean we had 40 acres in which to produce enough vegetables, grain and hay to feed the family of nine, to feed about 20 head of cattle and to feed 20 chickens plus several dogs and cats. Read more…

 

Migraine!

The other day I watched a bright flickering light near my computer at work. I was reminded how a flickering light, or the flash of a photocopier, or even a camera at one time could bring on a migraine headache. I paused for a moment and thought about the last time I had endured a migraine. It must have been 2005. Read more…
 

Health Challenges and Intuition

I guess we all have health issues to one degree or another. Personally, I have taken myself off wheat and other gluten products (such as rye and barley) since about 2005. My Reiki practitioner suggested a gluten-free diet to combat the eczema outbreaks that I had been having since the 1980s. Read more…



Visit "Phoenix of Faith" to learn more about the author's memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment