Friday, November 4, 2016

Family Photos

Dear beloved family,

Since leaving the family religion I am being shunned by most of my family, as most of you may know. However, I personally don't believe in shunning, so I'm posting photos that you as family members may wish to have. From here, no one needs to see you save photos to your computer if you feel so inclined. I love you too much to just keep silent and not stay connected some how. I do reach out to you. I DO feel deep love for you, which I cannot deny.

Some of these pictures were taken by an SX-70 Camera, which took Polaroid shots and had the black layer on the back of the photos which cracked after a few years, potentially ruining the photos. You will notice the cracks in some pictures. One of these days I will repair them in PhotoShop, but haven't done so yet.

I will post more pictures as I get them scanned.

In Love and light,

Esther

If you prefer to start at the beginning, you may wish to start here. Or,

Family and Friend Photos from 1980-1982

Family and Friend Photos from 1983

Family and Friend Photos from 1984

Family and Friend Photos from 1985

Grandma Visits Saskatoon 1985

Circular Trip through St Mary's to Penticton to Home 1986

Esther at Hecla Island in 1973

1974 Borris the family cat when we lived in Selkirk in the townhouses.
Me, with Mom feeding Shawn when I first got home from the hospital.
1973 Cheryl and Tracey
Shawn at a visit to the photographer 1975
1975 Shawn's favorite thing was the jolly jumper.
He used to twirl and bound (not jump, BOUND).
1975 Shawn at three months. He was a happy baby.
1976 Borris
1976 Heather loved to sit in the laundry basket and play.
She had a toy with holes with shapes.
She had to match the shapes to their respective holes. She learned fast!
1976 Heather at ten months in her crib.
This is my favorite photo of her!
1976 Heather at one month having a nap.
She was a preemie at 4 lb 10 oz so she had a tiny start.
She had to stay in the hospital for one week,
while the doctor sent me home after three or four days.
I tried to go see her every day in the incubator.
1976 Another picture of Heather. Such a sweet baby.
It took her about three months before she would sleep through the night.
These are some of my favorite pictures.
1977 Mom and Alex Wedding. There is Shawn at age 3 throwing confetti.
He thought that was the coolest thing,
throwing confetti at grandma and grandpa. He laughed and laughed.
1977 Heather's first birthday, playing with her new toy with Shawn.
1977 Heather anticipating her first birthday cake ~ chocolate!

1977 Heather's favorite toy
1977 Heather loved the walker
1977 Mom and Alex wedding
1977 Mom and Alex at their wedding. Her cake had pink roses. So lovely!
1977 Mom and Alex wedding party with Steve posing in front.
1977 Mom and Alex wedding waltz.
I learned later that Alex took Mom dancing when he was dating her.
I think that's so sweet.
1977 Mom & Alex wedding dinner


1978 Allan, Eleanor, Donna, Phil, Mom & Alex
Betty and Dewey at Phil and Donna's wedding.
1978 Heather waters a wee tree.

1978 Heather, Shawn, and Tammy (our neighbor) on swings.


Steve in Kindergarten

Grandma in 1974, visiting after I gave birth to Shawn.
Isn't she photogenic?


1978 Heather helping me at home in our Selkirk townhome.
I wish I could remember who bought her a pink vacuum cleaner.





Click here for 1980-1983 Photos

Start at the beginning of Family Photos 1973

Family and Friend Photos from 1980-1982

Family and Friend Photos from 1983

Family and Friend Photos from 1984

Family and Friend Photos from 1985

Grandma Visits Saskatoon 1985

Circular Trip through St Mary's to Penticton to Home 1986

No comments:

Post a Comment